The past few weeks I have been slowly cutting meats from my everyday eating style. I eat between 1-3 meals out the day with an 8hr gap between each meal. I may eat meat with one meal or I won’t eat meat at all.
The meat that we consume is highly processed, not always the best cut, filled with GMO’s, and the care and conditions of these animals are horrible.
I’m not here to push veganism because I’m not a vegan, but I do adopt some of their eating habits. The lifestyle of a vegan does have many health benefits but it’s also a lifestyle most of us won’t stick too. Now, that’s fine we don’t all have to be vegans but we should be more aware of what we are consuming.
Here’s one of my pre-workout meals.
- Flax and chia seed bread
- Mexican cheese blend(obviously not vegan but again I’m not a vegan can be replaced with vegan cheese)
- 1lb zucchini
- 1lb squash
- Chilli and garlic sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 sliced tomato
- Stir-fry zucchini and squash medium heat
- Add Thyme and season
- Toast flax and chia seed bread
- Add the cheese and the tomatoes
- Cooking in oven for 1-2 minutes(optional)
It’s a little over 300 calories, about 5g of sugar, and 12g of protein. I like this as a pre-workout meal because it’s not heavy. It keeps me full, satisfied, and I still have the energy for performance. You can use this as a snack, lunch, or even dinner.