Do you want a slimmer waistline? Are you struggling with unwanted belly fat? Are you over feeling tired? Do you want to gain your confidence back? Well, I’m here to help. If you struggle with weight loss, you are not alone. Most of the U.S. is obese or overweight. The reason for this is mainly due to our diet.
The American diet isn’t the best, and the American lifestyle makes fast food very accessible to us. Our lifestyle has caused us to develop bad habits and addictions. What addictions? Sugar and salt, our foods are filled with sodium and carbohydrates. All these factors play a role in why most of us struggle with burning unwanted belly fat. Let’s, not use these factors as an excuse, for if there’s a will there’s a way.
Most people get frustrated, which causes discouragement, which causes most people to quit. Why do people get frustrated? From my experience, people get frustrated myself included, because the lack of knowledge and the unwillingness to do the further research. I highly suggest people do their own research because not everything works for everyone. Here are some tips on how to get a slimmer waistline and gain your confidence back.
Diet– what you’re putting into your body will determine whether or not you’re going to burn fat or gain fat. Too many of us are consuming excessive amounts of sugar and sodium with lack of physical activity to burn it off. Here are some diet tips to help with that unwanted belly fat.
1. Avoid Salts– Salt (sodium) retains water, if you’re not drinking enough water; your body uses sodium to store water for hydration, that’s where water weight comes from. Salt enhances the taste of food which can lead to overeating, since salt absorbs water, when that happens it causes the heart to work a lot harder to pass the extra fluids. This can lead to high blood pressure, heart, kidney disease, and a stroke.
2. Drink more water-keep yourself hydrated, so your body doesn’t have to store water.
3. Drink green tea– the flavonoids and caffeine help increase metabolic rates, increasing fat oxidation and improving insulin activity. Green tea is packed with antioxidants, anti-cancer agents, and supports brain health. You don’t have to drink green tea all day. 2.5 cups a day is all you need.
4. Cinnamon– Rich in manganese, iron, calcium, and fiber. Cures diarrhea, indigestion, and bloating. Prevents the spread of cancer cells, formation of stomach ulcers lowers blood sugar and bad cholesterol. 1 teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder added to boiling water helps to lose weight and lowers your risk of heart disease.
5. Eat more fiber-Fiber supports heart health and bowel movement. Soluble fiber absorbs water, slows down the passing of the digestive system, decreases the number of calories consumed. Insoluble fiber is like a clog stopper. It helps pass solids through your intestines for bowel movement (using the bathroom.)
6. Consume fatty acids-fish, oats, flax and chia seed, avocados, blackberries, are foods with fatty acids.
7. Consume Probiotics- are live bacteria that play a role in weight loss and weight management. If you’re obese or overweight you have different gut bacteria compositions. Probiotics helps balance that out.
Exercise is the jumpstart to you trimming your waistline. You want to be doing at least 30 min of physical activity at least three times out the week. Exercise is a great way to help your body burn fat while building muscle at the same time. Here are a few exercises tips to shed that unwanted belly fat.
1. Abdominal workouts– crunches for the whole abdomen, leg lifts for lower abdomen, plank variations, are just a couple of examples of exercises to target the abdominal section.
2. Circuit style training– can be hiit, a mix of strength training and hiit, or even taking a fitness class. Circuit style training is great for burning off calories, improving endurance, and the cardiovascular system.
3. Weekly cardio– no need to be afraid of cardio but don’t fall in love with just cardio. Good for the cardiovascular system.
4. Performing rotational movements– The body is meant to move, and rotating is a movement that helps strengthens the midsection.
5. Aerobic exercises– total body, yoga, Pilates, are a few different forms of aerobic exercises.
6. Strength training– strength training will help boost your metabolic rate. They’re many benefits to strength training, for this case the benefit in strength training will be to build muscle and burn fat at the same time.
It may seem like it’s hard to get rid of that unwanted fat. With research and a plan, this can be done. You don’t want to rush through this. This is a marathon, not a sprint, run your own race. Don’t get caught up in the fitness goals of others. Too many of us are competing with each other for no real reason. Slow and steady wins the race. Follow these tips and say goodbye that belly fat.
View this post on Instagram
Hidden Fit Secrets(Functional movements of the week) Ab/Core Circuit .✖️✖️✖️ ▪️Russian twist with a bounce, to controlled bicycle crunch(knee to elbow), to tossing the ball in the air. This exercises your hitting the entire core and not just the abdominal area. ▪️Crunch kick downs are great for abdominal section ▪️Functional movement. Controlled Mt. climber to pushup to lateral shoulder fly. . Barely any equipment needed❌ . Don’t really need a gym. . So what’s the excuse 🤔 . Perform reps 10-15 rest for 10-20 seconds and repeat 3 times. . If you haven’t already I highly suggest you investing in some resistance bands. #resistancebands #resistancebandsworkout #resistancetraining #absworkout #coreworkout #sixpackabs #rippedbody #leanbody #flatstomach #flattummy #humpdaywednesday